Thursday, June 7, 2007

I've created a monster!

Here is a picture of the Market Squares Baq in progress. In.progress. Infreakingprogress. I have completed only 10 of the 15 tiers in the pattern.



Of course it will be felted, but it is still going to be a ginormous bag. What the hell am I gonna do with this thing?

Let's see, I could pitch it like a tent and rent it out by the week, or fill it full of peanuts and hang it around an elephant's neck, or smuggle a small adult into the movies in it, or hang it on the flag pole and have it be only the second man made object to ever be seen from outer space. Maybe I could strap it to my back and go parasailing. A carcover? A tablecloth? One of those big windsock thingies at the airport? I don't know what I will do with it. I do know that if I fill it full of stuff it will be too heavy to carry around. Maybe you guys can think of a good use for it. Think about it, let me know if you come up with something.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Heh, it'll felt down, don't fret, of course it may take a couple or three washings but it'll felt down.

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You could fill it with your stash, or is it too small for that :)

Actually, I've seen a couple of these finished and felted and they do felt down to a good knitting bag size. Yours is gorgeous; I love the colors you chose.