Saturday, October 20, 2007

Addictions, memes and other stuff

First of all:



I was a little surprised, I would have thought it was worse than that.

Secondly, I was tagged by Julie for a book meme, it goes a little something like this:

Open the book you're currently reading to page 161 and copy the fifth sentence on the page, then tag 5 bloggers.

The book I am reading right now doesn't have 161 pages so I just opened it to a random page (page 92) of New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi and the 5th sentence is:

"Stitches with vertical compression, like slipped stitch patterns or garter stitch variations, are well suited to this pathway."

Who should I tag...hmmmm...

Emma she'll do it for sure - she LOVES her some books

Kristina

Annie

Tina

Tina or as Madeline would say 'nother Tina

I tried to tag people that I hadn't tagged for anything before.

And lastly, I finished this in just a couple of hours yesterday:




Of course it is only one and I have yet to start the second one, but I was really surprised at what a quick knit this was. I am thinking that this might be a good project for the llama yarn that my oldest, er I mean, my lifelong friend gave me.

The pattern is Fetching from Knitty. It calls for a heavier yarn, the llama is a sport weight, but I think it can be done with a few adjustments.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've posted the page of my book.

Very nice pattern on the glove. I keep a pair I quickly knit up at work. It gets so cold in the building.

Kristina B said...

Cool glove. ;-)

I've responded to your tag. My book is a legal one so there are about 16100 pages guaranteed, not 90. ;-)


my response

Hobbygåsa said...

Great fingerless glove (soon gloves)! Oh yeah, you are a real knitter - what else to read than a knitpatternbook... Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I keep saying I need to make myself some Fetchings, but haven't yet. Yours is lovely!

ann I am said...

Gorgeous! AND, nice light on the photo. I do LOTS of photography, but have NOT gotten the hang of getting the yarn and projects right.

Marianne said...

Yes... about the Fetching and a lighter weight yarn... I made several.. I'll look up my notes...
er... that might take awhile... heh.

Anonymous said...

What a fun little coffee quiz - I scored 78% and was pretty surprised, I thought it'd be worse too ;)
Your Fetching looks absolutely beautiful - this is definitely the most gorgeous pattern for handwarmers that I came across so far, and it looks all the more special with the beautiful yarn that you used!

Eric & Tony said...

Fetching Fetching!
I'm 63% addicted but I don't think it is time to review the 12 steps yet.

Tina in Wonderland said...

Your Fetching fingerless glove is so pretty!

Thanks for tagging me! I'm kind of pokey, but I'll try to post my Book Meme tomorrow!