1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? The only thing that I am not that fond of is acrylic. And I am not totally against it, some forms are fun to knit with, just don't care for the stiff scratchy stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I keep my needles and hooks in a disorganized pile.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My mom taught me the basics when I was a kid, I didn't have a long enough attention span for anything more than that at the time. I picked it back up about 2 or 3 years ago. I would say my skill level is intermediate, maybe remedial intermediate, intermediate minus??
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? I seem to like scents that have names like Rain, Fresh Linen, you know, stuff that smells clean, I guess
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? CHOCOLATE
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have done a lot of things, knitting seems to be the one that stuck. I have done that longer than anything else and I don't seem to be getting bored with it.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, I can play MP3s. I like Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Country, 80s/90s hits
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like them all.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Husband, dog, me
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, mittens
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I am having fun with my first pair of socks right now, I will definitely be making more, I like felting/fulling, I am going to try lace in the near future.
13. What are you knitting right now? My first pair of socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? More than anything.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends on what I am knitting, some projects need bamboo, some require straight needles, etc. I have used them all(well, maybe not plastic).
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A couple of months
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. Specifically Christmas Eve, it is a very special tradition in our family.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, needles, patterns, if you can call that a collection.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscription to Interweave Knits and Creative Knitting. Someone was telling me about a book called Knitting Sensational Socks (I think that is the title) they said that there were some very handsome men's sock patterns in that book.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Lace is next.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Sort of, I have knitted one and a half socks. My foot is 9.25" long.
23. When is your birthday? May 19
24. Are you on Ravelry? Not as far as I know...what is Ravelry?
As I mentioned in the title, another opportunity to help has been brought to my attention. Florence Knitingale has organized a blankie project for the families of the miners and rescuers that lost their lives in Utah. There is a button for the Miner Blanket Project on her sidebar. If you have a little time and a few yards of yarn to spare it seems like a very simple, painless way to show them that they have been in the thoughts and prayers of people everywhere.
We are leaving on vacation Friday morning and I have not packed one thing, haven't even done any laundry. Our big suitcase is somewhere between here and Balad, Iraq. Tomorrow after I get my nephew off to school I have to get my haircut, my new driver's license, get a suitcase, pick up prescriptions, do laundry, pack everything. I sure do hope that I work well under pressure 'cause tomorrow is not going to go well if I don't.