Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lots to be thankful for

My knitting group is so much fun. It is a great group of people, you would have to look long and hard to find a kinder, more generous group of people. We meet on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month and I always look so forward to going.

I can't go tonight though, my Uncle (dad's brother) Chuck had a mild heart attack earlier this week and had a heart cath and a stint placed yesterday and one of my daughter's friends had a baby girl yesterday. So tonight I am making the hospital rounds.

I hope my friends at knitnite have fun tonight and I will see them next time.

Three things I am thankful for today:
1. I am thankful that there is such a thing as a MILD heart attack.
2. I am thankful for brand new baby girls.
3. I am thankful for my knitting group.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you uncle is better soon.

Congrats to your friend :) I am sure your knitting group will more than understand. Have fun at the next one.

Marianne said...

Whoa doggies! whew! I'm so very thankful about that 'mild' heart attack, I hope he's doing alright now.... holy moly!
New baby girl... love those babies.

Of course I understand, hope life settles down in time for the next knitnight, I'll miss you :^)

Hobbygåsa said...

That is 3 good things to be thankful for. I hope your uncle will be better soon. And a new baby, that is a nice visit to make. It is so nice when to find a group that have a lot of fun together sharing an interest. I have joined several classes during my lifetime, and once in a while the group becomes very special. I still have contact with some of those people even 10-15 years after the group have disappeared. That is nice.

Kristina B said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your uncle, Amy - and glad to hear you have a wonderful knitting group (of which I'm sure you are an integral part...).

Anonymous said...

Oh, we did miss you. My dad has been in Uncle Chuck's place and it's scary! Doctors and their stints are another thankful for the list. We'll see you next time and hopefully you'll still have the little fetchings to share :)

Hobbygåsa said...

I have an award for you in my blog! Have a great weekend!

Jaye said...

I hope your Uncle Chuck is feeling much better and on the mend - how scary!

Congratulations to your daughter's friend! Baby girls are a precious gift (and fun to knit for :)